Voice Application Engineer
- The ideal candidate will have industry experience building voice experiences on Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Microsoft’s Cortana, or equivalent.
- The position will involve taking these skills and working with a back-end team to create amazing user experiences.
- BS/BA in Computer Science from a top-tier CS program (MS is great)
- 3-8 years of development experience shipping robust and bullet proof code
- Demonstrated Innovation and Ownership
Opportunity to be a founding engineer of a funded start up. Focus on impact and company culture, with founders who have been there before.
Company culture and how your role fits:
- You prove concepts quickly. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- You do what it takes to get the job done. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the front-end stack, you go above and beyond to understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, caching layer, infrastructure, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- You want to play an active role in how computers impact the world around us. You ponder about how to close the loop between human input and computational methods.
- You are a team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team and that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- You have design sensibilities.You have an understanding about what makes software a pleasure to use, not only as an end user, but also as a consumer of APIs and libraries.