Senior Frontend Engineer
- You are an expert in at least one front-end framework like React.js or Angular.js. You have built complex workflows and interfaces using these types of frameworks and can easily start contributing to a codebase based one of these.
- You have worked with charting and analytics libraries (eg: d3.js, plotly.js, highcharts.js, etc), to provide beautiful, actionable and insightful analytics.
- You have built Enterprise Application front-ends with complex workflows. You have experience understanding complex customer needs, and visualizing data to answer key questions and uncover new insights.
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to rapidly evolving platforms. While you are a front-end expert, you understand how backend MVC frameworks work (eg: django, express), you have worked hand-in-hand with a backend engineer to craft powerful APIs, and you have an eagerness to learn about Redis, Redshift and MySQL.
- BS/BA in Computer Science from a top-tier CS program (MS is great)
- 3-8 years of development experience shipping robust and bullet proof code
- Demonstrated Innovation and Ownership
- You have worked for a company that built something awesome and meaningful for developers in one of the big consumer-facing ecosystems.
Opportunity to be a founding engineer of a funded start up. Focus on impact and company culture, with founders who have been there before.
Company culture and how your role fits:
- You prove concepts quickly. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- You do what it takes to get the job done. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the front-end stack, you go above and beyond to understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, caching layer, infrastructure, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- You want to play an active role in how computers impact the world around us. You ponder about how to close the loop between human input and computational methods.
- You are a team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team and that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- You have design sensibilities.You have an understanding about what makes software a pleasure to use, not only as an end user, but also as a consumer of APIs and libraries.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!
Upload your photo
Please provide an image in PNG, JPG or JPEG format.