Senior Backend Engineer
- You have built bullet proof APIs to expose data, and you’ve worked hand-in-hand with front-end engineers to build performant, functional and novel user experiences.
- You have scaled your back-end implementations to thousands of QPS, and you love architecting creative solutions that fit the particular use case.
- You are a data junkie who can balance flexibility with performance. You know how to use big-data paradigms like MapReduce to solve problems, can navigate the balance between pre-computing answers with real-time queries, and know how to support a dynamic web application.
- Strong Computer Science Training (4 year Tier 1 program)
- Feel free to have gotten a Master’s Degree too
- 4-8 years of High Quality development experience (shipping robust and bullet proof code)
- Demonstrated Innovation and Ownership
- You have worked for a company that built something awesome and meaningful.
Bonus points if you:
- Have developed back-end systems in Java, C++, or other non-scripting language.
- You have built on top of big data systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm
- Excellent attention to detail
- Deep understanding of data analysis, exploration, statistics, and general system design
- Experience with machine learning, optimization, and algorithms
Opportunity to be a founding engineer of a funded start up. Focus on impact and company culture, with founders who have been there before.
Here are the personal attributes we’re looking for:
- You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- You want to better understand how computers perceive the world around us. You ponder about how to close the loop between human input and computational methods.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design sensibilities.You have an understanding about what makes software a pleasure to use, not only as an end user, but also as a consumer of APIs and libraries.